1898
Johannes Schäfer set up the company Schäfer in Fellbach as a blacksmith's shop for horse shoeing and agriculture equipment

1927
Karl Schäfer takes over the management

1953
Robert Schäfer sets the first courses in mechanical engineering and expanded the trading area with the construction of trailers out of steel for the agriculture as well as devices for the building industry

1961
The premises become too close. Removal into the new location in the Friedrich-List-Straße in Fellbach

1983
The demand for road repair machines is increasing. Company Lothar Schäfer takes over the distribution of the schäfer-technic machines. He introduced the machines at home and abroad to a well known quality.

1988
Karl Heinz und Roland Schäfer takes over the company with new ideas and techniques.

1998
100th company anniversary

2001
We get a new name. Karl Schäfer GmbH becomes schäfer-technic gmbh

2002
Short ways - sales, construction, manufacturing and service are in one hand. This allows a faster implementation and realisation of the different customer's requirements. Sales and marketing is part of schäfer-technic again

2008
The sales department and financial accounting move to a new location in the Friedrich-List-Strasse 41